The Dr. Martin Blank – SYB Scholarship has been created to encourage the participation of under-represented communities in the area of building health, safety and education by covering the tuition costs of the Building Biology Advocacy (BBA) Program at the Building Biology Institute (a $965 value).
The scholarship is funded to permit three awards per calendar year. There is no formal deadline. Applications are evaluated as they are received.
A winner will be selected at the discretion of R Blank (Dr. Blank’s son, and the CEO of SYB) in collaboration with the Building Biology Institute.
Applicants must be:
- From a community that is underserved by, and lacks equitable and sufficient access to, resources in line with the information taught in the BBA program;
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate to a wider audience in their community (such as a podcast, YouTube channel, church or community group leader);
- Under the age of 50;
- Able to devote the time sufficient to complete the comprehensive program within 12 months;
- Able to have regular and reliable internet access.
- This program is open to residents of anywhere in the world;
- This program can be completed entirely online. No travel is necessary.
The Building Biology Institute (BBI) trains Building Biology Advocates to use the knowledge, tools, and skills they acquire during their course of study to understand the problems created from the misuse of chemistry and technology, and share that information with the general public.
BBI has always been open to all, from working professionals to the general public, and a technical- or science-based background is not necessary to successfully complete the program.